- Lettuce (Encore Mix) roughly chopped
- One Onion small (Red) halved and sliced thin
- One medium sized Kohlrabi diced (bite sized)
- Half Cucumber diced (bite size)
- 1/4th cup Pumpkin Seeds (toasted)
- Dressing – Orange Juice 4tbs, Olive Oil 4tbs, Raw Honey 1tsp, Salt and Pepper, Jalapeño (optional, finely chopped, to your taste or the kick!). Mix all the ingredients well.
Preparation: In a large bowl, mix all the items 1 to 5. Apply dressing and toss it well.
Preparation time: Take your time to clean the veggies, no rush; dice and chop – be careful, even skilled chefs sometimes end up with a bloody finger or two.
Culinary Note: The salad consists of two very similar vegetables – cucumber and kohlrabi, high on water content and taste (not very distinct smell and mostly neutral tasting veggies) . However, it is a very interesting contrast in terms of texture, Kohlrabi with a great crunch and white color will standout in the salad. The addition of orange juice brings in the desired acidity and the fruitiness.